The Megers

The Megers
August 27, 2011

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

Fiday Claire was busy playing dress up and putting on lots of pretty make up.  After lunch we went to pick up Bre.  On our way I saw a black lab by the side of the road.  I looked at her and she came closer to the road.  I had to stop and see where she lived.  As I was pulled over the man from the pound stopped and said that he had the dog there about a month ago and that she is very sweet.  I said that I would stay with the dog, that I had just called the owners.  It was so windy and cold and I was worried that the dog was going to get hit, so I decided to just bring her home.  Claire was very excited when I put Snoopy in the car.  She was not far from home and her owner was very happy that we brought her home. 

We had supper at Grandma Friesz's house and then we went home so Bre could carve her pumpkin.  She made a really neat jack 'o lantern.  Then we started making a chocolate cookie gingerbread castle.  Breanna did most of it by herself.


Claire putting on her make up


she put on her sunglasses and smiled pretty


my little princess as pretty as can be

Saturday morning the girls helped me make a desert for the halloween party.  They had a lot of fun adding the fool coloring.  It turned out great and was a huge hit at the party.



top view of the delicous treat, we made it with halloween colors


side view to see the layers


We had so much fun at the party.  There was so much good food too.  This was Claire's first time trick-or-treating.  She had a great time, but had a bit of a runny nose, so she did not stay out too long.  The other kids came back with lots of treats in their bags.  My dad came dressed up as a ballerina, everyone thought it was really funny.  Tim dressed as a girl too with dress,wig, nailpolish, make up and all.  We werer the first ones there and the last ones to leave.  I guess we just can't get enough of the partying.



Aunt Lesa with the kids. Andy, Sami, Claire, Travis, and Breanna



Claire and Bre taking a picutre just before heading out to trick-or-treat



Claire is off and ready to hit the first house for goodies.



The kids all out and about trick-or-treating



Here they are at one of the houses, just getting ready to knock.



My Claire bear still having fun trick-or-treating at some of the businesses.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute Lona, the dessert turned out great by the looks of it:) Great job on Bre's and Claire's costumes!

    ReplyDelete