The Megers

The Megers
August 27, 2011

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Wednesday we cleaned house and finished getting ready for Thanksgiving, then picked up Breanna in the evening.  The girls made birthday cards for grandma and grandpa and then helped me make the frosting for the apple cake.

Thursday morning Claire crawled in bed with daddy and farted in his face, then said, "dada, you like that smell?",  It was so funny.  She was even so serious when she asked him.  Then I made the pumpkin pies and John made us a nice big brunch.  Then we were off to my parents house to celebrate turkey day, and my mom and dad's birthdays.  There was so much delicious food, lots of fun, and family.  After dinner we played bingo and a new clue game.  I forgot my camera, but did use my dads, so the picutres will be posted later.  Breanna was such a big help with getting all of the food ready, I was so proud of her.  She really enjoyed helping too!  I think that Claire must have changed clothes 3 or 4 times and for a while was even running around in just underwear.  I can't seem to keep clothes on her for very long.  One of the dresses she put on was a dress that was my moms when she was a little girl. (I did get pictures of her wearing it too)  I can't believe how fast the day went, but it was a great one.  I always love getting together with the family for the holidays.  Now we can start getting ready for Christmas.

Friday I tried the Black Friday shopping.  I went to wal mart in Mankato and had plans to head to target and mendards.  Wal mart was a disaster.  I was there before 5am, when the doors opened, and there was not one spot left in the parking lot.  I had to park at Arbys and walk.  Then there was not a cart left in the store.  By the time I got in the store everything was already tore open and people were crazy.  I could not even move enough to find the items that I wanted.  I was able to get the barbie for Claire that I wanted and that was it.  Luckily my sister was at another wal mart and was able to get the other things that I had wanted.  Then I stood in line for over an hour with my one barbie for $5.  I really didn't feel like it was worth it, but after getting up and parking far away and finding my way through the croud, there was no way I was leaving empty handed.  I know my sister is the best too, because she went to menards and target, and got everythinhg else that I had on my list.  So I am just about done wtih Christmas shopping now.  Friday night me and Claire cuddled and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade.  I am always busy making my pies thanksgiving morning so I record the parade and watch the next day.  Claire loved the parade and said wow when she saw the big balloons.  She got up and danced when the bands played, and she said that she liked Cyndi Lauper (which is neat, because I loved Cyndi Lauper when I was a little girl).  I think her favorite was Yo Gabba Gabba. 

This morning I woke up with a head cold, which is not fun, but glad that it waited until after Thanksgiving.  I am cleaning house today to get ready to set up the tree tomorrow.  I think that the bathtub and the bubbles are calling my name!!

No comments:

Post a Comment