Friday we did not do very much. I had house cleaning to do and the girls painted pumpkins that they picked out at the pumpkin patch. We did bake up a few mini apple pies too, they were very yummy and did not last very long...everyone ate them right up.
Here are all of the pumpkins that were painted. The big pumpkins we are going to carve when it gets closer to halloween.
I was able to get a picture of the mini apple pies before they were all gone. The girls had fun helping make them.
On Saturday Claire went to stay over night with Aunt Lesa and Uncle Tim. John took me and Breanna out to the deer shack. We did some squirrel hunting, but no luck. We went out shining deer for a bit and saw quite a few. Then we watched movies back at the deer shack.
Claire was playing in Bre's Christmas cardboard house before she went to Lesa and Tim's.
Sunday morning we got up and went out squirrel hunting. Breanna shot her gun at a coffee can and did awesome. After walking through the woods, me and Breanna picked apples out at the deer shack. Then we were on our way to Uncle Gene's woods to try for more squirrel. I took a shot at one and missed it : ( I hope I have better luck next time. Claire had a great time with Lesa and Tim. She was not even ready to come home when I went to pick her up.
On Monday we went up to Eagan with my mom for an appointment. Me and Claire went for a walk outside and every few minutes a plane went over us. Claire just loved seeing so many airplanes, and so close to us.
Grandma gave Claire some eyes, nose, mouth and ears that you can stick into a pumpkin. Claire had to do that as soon as we got home.
She did it all by herslef and was very proud of her pumpkin.
Tuesday morning we went to the library in Le Sueur for story time, and then we picked out books for the letter Cc to go with her lessons for the week. After library, we met our friends at the park for some play. The girls picked out some leaves to take home and do crafts with. I was just about frozen after almost 2 hours at the park. For supper I made buttermilk squirrel pie, and it turned out really good. Claire kept eating the meat as I was picking it off the bone.
Wednesday morning I was busy with the apples we picked out at the deer shack. I sliced up 24 cups of apples and shredded 12 cups. In the afternoon there was a story and craft at the library in Henderson. The stories were really great and they did songs too! Then they did halloween crafts after the stories. After supper we made a craft with the leaves that Claire picked from the park with Hannah. Then we read her books form the library and got ready for bed.
Claire made a bat with lots of eyes. She cut the orange paper and put halloween stamps on there. Then they made a ghost out of a lolipop and tissue paper. Claire had to eat one as soon as we got in the car.
We melted crayon shavings in wax paper with the leaves.
Then we tried it with paper too. They turned out really cute, and Claire had so much fun.
You guys have been busy! I love the picture of Claire in front of the recliner, such a cute smile!
ReplyDeleteThanks Dianna, that smile is what gets me through each day. She is truly my joy :)
ReplyDelete